Saturday, July 1, 2017

Quilt Shot Block #89 ~ Snail Trail: Paper Pieced

Snail Trail

I rarely pay full price for a book anymore because of all of the used books that are now being sold.  I bought this one back in the late 70s or 80s and paid at the time what was a whole lot of money to me.  I justified buying this book in that it had several patterns including some I could use for Christmas.

A quilt pattern I've always loved because it's so intriguing is the Snail Trail.  When combined without sashing, the pattern continues throughout the quilt.
Yes the numbers are reversed so you can see them from the backside which is where you actually lay the fabric. You sew from this side along the lines.  I love paper piecing because it's so accurate.




















***********************
Using Photoshop Combine Tool, here's a look at possible quilt layouts using this block.
 
No rotation.  All turned same.
 


************************************

********************************
Thanks to the FREE program
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo & other alterations to pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors you chose. It's interesting to see the various combinations. I think my favorites are the third and fourth. It's incredible how a simple rotation change completely the look.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.