Monday, January 18, 2016

Skinny Scarf

      Before I start today's post, I want to mention 2 blog friends I have been following for several years now that are featuring my blog this week.  I hope you take a moment to visit their very informative posts.
      The first is Rose over @ Fine Craft Guild where I'm co-hosting her "Share It" party.  You can jump in on it at her place or this week only at  my place.
       Today Pam at Threading My Way has featured my blog and ISpy book.  She has a sewing blog that is chocked full of sewing ideas, tips & information including projects world wide where you can use your sewing skills & get involved.  She also has ongoing linky parties that are always open & evolving.
    Threading My Way_FeaturedFine Craft Guild
*************************************
Now on with today's Skinny Scarf
This tutorial has been featured @

Using 1 skein of yarn
          I don't do complicated crochet projects.  Matter fact I make up my simple stuff so I don't have to follow directions.  I always get lost when following complicated stuff.  Perhaps I look too much at the whole pattern of directions instead of thinking 1 direction at a time.
For this scarf I started of course with a row of chain stitch & single crochet. 
 The length was approximately my height.
Then choose a stitch you like to make.  I chose the shell stitch.
I've discovered via online videos that I self taught myself the wrong way.
I don't do yarn over.  I take my needle above the yarn and grab it through.
I can't tell that my stitches look any different, & my way is easier on my hands.
So, I shall continue my way.
Watching the amount of yarn left from the 1 skein I used,
I finished off with a single crochet stitch to balance out with the beginning single crochet row.
I don't like wearing bulky scarfs, so this size works well for me.
It's meant to loop around like this.
          I guess my mind is used to doing annual projects at certain times of the year. Traditions that were embedded when I was a child perhaps.  Winter is when I pull out the crochet and knitting needles. One doesn't usually take crocheting projects on a beach vacay.  I really didn't intend to bring them, but opened a bag and found some yarn and a crochet needle in the bottom.  So one rainy day, I kept my hands busy.  I've got another skein and thinking about trying a different stitch.

**********************************
 & the new Linky being added to my list: 

France Nadeau
************************************************************

Thanks to the FREE programs:

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page





2 comments:

  1. I love your gorgeous skinny scarf, Joy! Lovely yarn too! Congrats!
    Wishing you a year full of creativity and fun projects!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty scarf and not too bulky! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.