Saturday, January 23, 2016

Quilt Shot Block #56~ Midnight Mystery Comes Together- Quilt Top

So many beautiful Midnight Mystery Quilt tops have appeared on Facebook.
They are all beautiful.
Brought mine to Florida and got it together a couple of weeks ago.
       If you have kept up with this blog, you know this is a true scrap quilt being one of my Memory Quilts.
It is made from 3 of Daddy's shirts. When the Court House steps had to be made, I ran out of fabric and pulled one of Mother's Peddler Pusher pants which we call Capri slacks these days.



Seams, tags, pockets and such were kept.  In some cases I had to sew pieces together to make them large enough for a block piece.  So seams are randomly all over the quilt.

I have to wait till I get back home to quilt the top.  March 10 is the deadline.  Going to be cutting it close.

I'm sure glad I brought my machine and some work with me.
It's been a very relaxing experience.
Who knew the color scheme would fit right in.
************************************************







10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I don't think I've seen a more color-comprehensive memory quilt. What a wonderful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Great colour scheme. I had fun doing this quilt along. But I haven't decided on quilting yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying all the different results from the QAL! Such a fun idea to use clothes for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and that view......wow!! Enjoy the warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really great, and made all the more special by your repurposing of your parents' clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The colors scheme is perfect and your quilt is gorgeous! I love seeing that kind of projects that combines memories and recycling. Seams, pockets and tags are perfect additions. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done. It looks beautiful. I look forward to seeing it once you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have never thought to leave the seams in the shirts. I love it! "Deboning" them is always a chore. Thanks for sharing on Podunk Pickin's

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.