Saturday, August 29, 2015

Quilt Shot Block #41~ State Fair Caused Pause Longest

@ Kentucky State Fair, 2015
Louisville, KY
 This quilt caused me to pause longer than any quilt in the entire quilt display 
@ this year's KY state fair.
I thought I had viewed about 100 quilts over about a 2 hour period,
 but when researching to find out how many quilts there were, according to this KY State Fair site,  
more than 400 quilts in 50 plus categories had been entered!

After reading that site, I see the judges agreed with me.
This quilt had me almost nose to quilt looking at these stitches.
I thought it was free motioned, quilt as you go by the block.
 Look at how well the designs were matched when the blocks were sewn together.

The designs reminded me of the Zentangle & doodling patterns I've been finding lately.
I was SO impressed with the threads.
The fabric and thread color choices gave just the right contrast when needed.
At one point I thought it looked like a factory produced quilt.
I walked away thinking free motion quilting....WOW!
Finally, after I'd walked half way down the next isle of quilts,
I just about ran over Mr. G going back to look at the tag on the quilt for more info.
The quilt had been machine embroidered!
I had seen machine embroidered quilts, but nothing like this one!
 So finely detailed and well stitched together.....
I agree. It deserved a First Premium Blue ribbon.
Update: After further research, I have found the name of this quilt is  
Jacobean Journey. 
 It was an EmbroidaBlock of the Month by Hoop Sisters.  
You can find more info @ http://www.hoopsisters.com/embroidablock-of-the-month-1/
Be sure to click on the How-To --Video button at the top to see how Jacobean Journey was put together.
*************************

You MUST check them out for great ideas!
*************** 
  PhotoScape used to resize & watermark shots
I've been using this software in place of Photoshop for several years.

2 comments:

  1. there is no question you deserved that blue ribbon. So super cute love the colors and the combination of light pastels with dark blacks and browns. The pattern is awesome as well. Looks like you put a lot of heart and work and time into this awesome achievement Come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I'd like to take claim to fame for this quilt, I didn't make it. It was on display at the state fair. The name of the quilter is on the tag.

      Delete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.