Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Joy's FREE Doll Jumper Pattern

     Sometime ago, I was challenged to put an unassembled jumper back together.  I didn't realize how pitifully long ago it was until I looked back in my blog to find the post entitled "Ruby's New Jumper." It was March, 2012! Right at 2 years ago! 
      That post showed you how I used the pieces to make the pattern.  Primarily, I tried to demonstrate how to do flat construction, and replace the neck binding with facing which is much easier for my fingers to handle.
      At the end of that post, you might note that I said I'd try to make a dress. No, haven't done that yet, but I have included a pattern in this post for you.

Below you will see how I did divide the back into 2 pieces.  That's what happens when you don't have enough fabric.  Redesign!

First I did some assembly line sewing.





 Here is another version.  This pieces was made according to the pattern.  The back is one solid piece.
This jumper actually fit the American Girl doll, but looked dorky.
Just not her style.  The yoke line hit in the wrong place.

So here is your pattern if you have a doll like this one.
enJOY!


**********************************
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

  

14 comments:

  1. awesome pattern :) I need a few of these for our baby model :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I'm always fascinated by dolls's clothes. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU. I was looking for just this!!! visiting from the wake up Wednesday linky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable, Joy!!! I've pinned in case I ever get find enough patience to attempt such a detailed small outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Thanks for the tuto.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab! I've actually just been given a doll to fix (my three year old niece got a hold of her mother's precious toy and ripped it's arm off!) and I'd been meaning to make it something to wear for when it comes home from "hospital" and I think this will do just perfectly, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the one with the little ruffles on the shoulder. Super cute. My daughter would have loved these little outfits for her dolls. Thanks for linking it up to Snickerdoodle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does this fit American Girl Bitty Baby Doll??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does this fit American Girl Bitty Baby doll! Dbkauf5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was made for a Baby Doll about 19 inches tall but yet larger around than the American Girl Doll. I believe Bitty Baby is shorter?

      Delete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.