Saturday, January 4, 2014

COR Soup

No, it is not a typo.  This is COR Soup.  I used to make this a lot when raising a family when I had more veggie leftovers. 



******************************************
When you get hit by an Arctic blast, you may not need to head to the grocery for food.
COR Soup aka Clean Out Refrigerator Soup
That includes using frozen veggies that have spent their time in the freezer.
Whatever you have in the frig, add a chopped onion, can of tomato juice, salt and pepper. Done.
I like to add browned/drained ground beef and Mr. G likes to add quality, smokey flavored hotdogs (his Mother's idea.)
This soup had onion, celery, green pepper, carrots, peas, lima beans, ground beef, chili powder, salt and pepper and tomato juice.
 I think this is what they always did at school, especially when they used to do "real"food prep.
About every Thursday or Friday we'd have veggie soup with,
grilled or homemade pimento cheese, crackers, and peanut butter & crackers.
Oh, and a cold glass of milk.
EnJOY some COR Soup-------- Clean out your Refrigerator

*****************************
Sharing at several Linky Parties.i.e Home Stories A to Z
Thanks to the FREE programs:

possibly used for this post

GIMP for cropping & other digital effects

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

8 comments:

  1. What a great reminder that we can have a wonderful meal if we just take a moment to be creative! It looks delicious, Joy. Saw you at Pieced Pastimes and had to come see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup looks delicious! We have a clean out the fridge night where I don't cook we just eat all the leftovers up. I love soups lik e this, I usually add a can of something to my homemade soup the next night to switch it up like northern beans. The ground meat and hot dogs both sound good. Stay warm, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I hate letting anything go to waste so this is perfect for me and mine. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great name! The family may never know the little secret!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember a friend who asked me to clean out her freezer if anything would happen to her. She save all the veggie scraps in a container in the freezer just to make soup. Your soup looks yummy and it's the best time for soup. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of the best soups I remember having when I was a child were soups made with leftovers . Meat, veggies, pasta, rice, canned tomatoes all put together. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week! Great IDEA.

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soup is so perfect when there is a polar vortex or even when the January thaw happens (it was 47 in the Adirondacks today...woo hoo)!

    Thanks for linking up at our Twirl and Take a Bow Party. Hope to see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.