Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy 90th Birthday Aunt Elizabeth

So, I made her an embroidered card.

The embroidering was done on a stiff white denim type fabric, then I used a speciality stitch on my machine to sew it to card stock paper.
Signed it in free motion stitching.
And, sent it 3 days late!

This was my first time to make an embroidery design with several colors.
It was like sitting with my crayons when I was pulling the thread colors.
I really enJOYed this project
& in doing so, remembering the fun times I've had
@
Aunt Elizabeth's home.
One of the best cooks in the country.
Happy Birthday Sweet Aunt Elizabeth!
************************
Sharing at several Linky Parties.
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

8 comments:

  1. Nice embroidery-keep up the great work!

    So glad you linked up with us at the BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.

    We'd love it if you would link back to BeBetsy at the bottom of your post. http://bebetsy.com

    Have a great week~xo
    Sharon and Denise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this time, you will find a link to the "Linky Party" page both at the top and bottom of the post. The list is so extensive at this time, that it would take up a LOT of space on each and every post, because I never know which one I will share.

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Joy, I love the embroidered birthday card and so fitting for your Aunt Elizabeth who is 90 years old. She deserves all the love and patience it took to make this card.
    My Aunt Molly is 97 years in January and I have been inspired by you to embroider a card for her. I just know she will love it.
    Joy, it is lovely to meet you. I have become a new follower and I look forward to getting to know you more.
    I would like to invite you to visit me at Ivy, Phyllis and Me! where you will be made most welcome. I look forward to seeing you there.
    Best Wishes from England.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure this is, I am sure she will love it! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, and a lovely keepsake too. Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive! (and I always send cards late) :) Thanks for linking up to Two Girls and a Party! 365ish Days of Pinterest

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.