Thursday, April 18, 2013

No Need Weed Killer

My backyard is of woodland nature.  In most part it has a base of moss.  Grass will grow in the few places where the sunlight strikes.  My best landscaping expert is Mother Nature.  I couldn't have chosen a more beautiful carpet of flowering plants. Wordless Wednesday #49~ Springing Wild Flowers showed you some macro shots of the flowers.  Now here is the scenic view.




Tried to weed, seed and mulch.  Erosion happens!


My backyard is full of medicine!
 I have found out the cone like purple plant is "Purple Deadnettle".
According to the Healthly Home Gardening  site that helped me ID these plants,
the Purple Deadnettle has many medicinal purposes.  When you go to the site, look under general information for its many uses.

While we're at it, let's have a salad of Dandelion?  I've never tried it or Dandelion wine either.

Look close for the moss.  Yellow wild strawberry blooms.
Oh, and did I mention a yard full of moles?

Sharing at several Linky Parties.
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.