Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas 2012's Gift Bagging

     Every year I try to give all my gifts the same wrapping.
     Sometimes ideas come easy and sometimes they don't.  Last year I was proud of my gift wrapping.  (Review last year.)    This year nothing really hit me as fascinating and creative.  I did have a roll of  off white knit fabric I had bought for about 3$ @ Restore a year or so ago.  So I whipped up easy bags with handles and serged the edges with one of the four threads being a heavy weight thread in the likes of crochet thread.  I had to by-pass a couple of thread guides to get the heavy look I wanted. 
The handles of the bags were tied to try to resemble a bow.  Stuffed in some red tissue paper, and made super simple name tags which were tied on with serger chained thread.


  I like using/giving cloth bags, because when they travel, I don't have to worry about wear and tear.
    I also hope the receiver uses them again in some way.
 *****************************
Thanks to 
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

4 comments:

  1. Looks like Santa to me:) Nice idea and reusable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very ingenious and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Joy! I like the idea of using the overlocker thread to tie the tags on.

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.