Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 Purse Skirt Pattern a Hit & More Purse Skirt Ideas

My Free Skirt Purse Pattern w/ Tutorial received the most hits for 2012.  It was posted in September and beat out the other popular posts that had been published earlier in the year. 

The project was also a big hit on my sewing table for Christmas gifts, both for my gift giving, and those that I made for others to give.

I bought a purse for each of my daughters who are big sports supporters.  One is a major University of Kentucky Wildcat fan, and while the other daughter is a UK fan as well, she's the number one fan of her softball playing daughter (my granddaughter!).

So these purse skirts were made from used sweat shirts.

I like using a tissue paper of the pattern when determining placement of logos.



The logo was too high to place the pattern under the neckline, so I folded the pattern in half adding a seam in the center and cut out each side separately.

Notice I topped stitched the center seam to give a little extra support.  
The placement of the logo turned out perfect.

Since I had plenty of fabric leftover, I decided to add a pocket with her embroidered name.

Remember you can find my pattern @  Free Skirt Purse Pattern w/ Tutorial.
I'll show the rest of the purse skirts I made in posts to come.
Meanwhile, let your imaginations go wild with what you can use to make purse skirts.

Thanks to 
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo

13 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. You did a great job on there covers.You make it look so easy. I would like to thank you again for sending me your pattern a few months back.That well be my first sewing project this new year. Thanks again Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are terrific. Happy New Year wishes and thank you for sharing at the hop. I hope you will stop by again soon. I posted the new giveaway! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. I had not seen these before !! Thank you so much for linking these up with us. Sincerely look forward to your regular linky party contributions in the new year! :: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ::

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! I love it and I can see why it was such a great hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now all I need is the purse. :D Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome, my daughter would love it if I could figure this one out! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing! What a great way to use up those tees and sweatshirts. You are so talented! Loved and pinned. Thank you for sharing at MightyCrafty Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your blog while looking for a pattern for the city skirt purse. Would you happen to have that pattern as well? I'm having a hard time finding one since it has been retired for a while :( . I live in Glasgow too.....small world :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Becky, I only own this one purse. I also understand there is another new skirt purse out now. If I could get my hands on those purses, I would make one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creative ideas!!! Can't wait to get a purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tutorial. I have been meaning to make some of these for a while now. I too live in Glasgow, and my kids were Trojans!!!!
    Small world indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.