Monday, November 21, 2011

Deck the Halls w/ Old Decking

Last spring, we spotted some old decking wood someone placed on the street side upon which I called Mr. G and he went and grabbed it for me with the intend to make some simple yard benches.  However, the creative mood suddenly struck me this morning with different ideas.  Tell you about the first one later, which I want Mr. G to do for me with some old deck railing.  That idea spawned the idea to grab 3 pieces and paint a tree.  Another piece sitting close became a sign.



 After Thanksgiving I'll add some red balls to the greenery and decorate the mantel.  Who knows how it will turn out.  I don't.

Sharing this project at the following parties.  Please check them out for more super ideas.
Happy Go Lucky     

3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! Thanks for sharing! Found you thru TJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! So festive. :) Thanks for sharing at Shine On Fridays; hope to see you again next week! Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! Looks great...AND it looks like something I can do! Now...to find some boards......

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.